Sunday, May 3, 2009

Take Pride

Well, after my little note about Guinness 250 I do have a beer that I can take pride in drinking: London Pride. The pub, known to have pipers from time to time, (OK, it's Piper's Pub) has London Pride, London Porter and ESB. Fine beers from London's independent brewer, Fullers. I am thrilled to have the Pride but I have to say that the Porter is my favorite beer when I am in London. Fuller's brews it as a seasonal in the UK so I can't say how long it will be on tap here. The phrase, so many beers, so little time aptly here. Now I do enjoy a Guinness but side by side I think the Porter is a better brew. So let's do an experiment. Try a pint of each, side by side, or one after another and see what you think. The Porter just has so much more to offer, I think. The body is there (a bit deeper) and the malt comes through in the mouth (it lingers on). It is a tad colder than I prefer but I can let it warm up. And it goes great with any football match. I just wish it came on cask.

No comments:

Post a Comment