Saturday, April 3, 2010

Airport Security

I went on my annual London holiday this past March, and always I had a wonderful trip. I got to see my old friends and made some new ones along the way. I think making new friends and meeting people is most important. Not everyone is friendly, I must say. Many people have resorted to being bad and that has led to more and more security measures in airports. During my recent holiday I ventured to Dusseldorf as well as London. Travelling from Pittsburgh to Charlotte and back I went thru security a total of seven times. Before I left I read in the news how things were being tightened up and people were going thru more rigorous scrutiny. From what I read I was expecting a strip search, cavity search, pat downs in areas that have never before been patted down, etc. What are my thoughts on this now that I am back? None of this was a big deal. I have an artificial leg so I am used to the metal detector going off. But I never had issues with the security people. They always acted professionally and I was never delayed for more than several minutes. Once I got to the lounge I still had to wait for my flight so the look-see they did on me was not a time delay. I once had my leg x-rayed. That was nice and I saved my medical co-pay too. At worst I was asked to have a private pat-down in London on my way to Germany. They took me to a private room where two men had their way with me. I would tell you about it but what happens in security stays in security. To anyone apprehensive about going thru security checks I say, allow for time, chill out and don’t worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment